Intense 2020 Sniper T 29 Elite Bike - Unisex
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Take a long ride on the wild side. Built for efficiency over untamed terrain, this cross country trail machine ignores gravity without sacrificing trail handling. Its ultralight carbon frame puts you in position for powerful pedalling, covering distances that previously seemed daunting. Lighter shocks still dampen your ride nicely, but without burdening your trail beast with unnecessary grams. A carbon dropper seatpost means you don't suffer through different riding positions, so you can leave your worries at the trailhead and stay on track all day.
- Full carbon frame scales down the weight for an efficient and stiffer ride.
- Efficient XC geometry gives a 66.5 degree headtube angle.
- Reach: Small (421 mm); Medium (445 mm); and Large (468 mm).
- Internal cable routing keeps shifter, seatpost and brake cables tidy.
- Fox Factory 34SC fork is light and absorbs shock with 120mm of travel.
- Fox Performance DPS handles well on the bumps but keeps your ride efficient.
- SRAM Stylo Carbon Eagle crankset balances power transmission with ultralight construction.
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes provide responsive all-conditions braking.
- SRAM GX Eagle shifters give rapid response gearing.
- SRAM XX1 Eagle rear derailleur provides quick gear changes.
- SRAM GX Eagle chain for durable drive power.
- Dropper seat post.
- Maxxis Forekaster 29 x 2.35 reduces friction and provides effective traction.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Intense Sniper Trail SL carbon|
|Fork||Fox Factory 34 SC Kashima|
|Rear shock||Fox Factory DPS Kashima|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Kindshock Carbon LEV Ci 125mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek AER|
|Handlebars||Intense Riser Carbon 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Nano Foam|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM XX1 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM Stylo Carbon DUB 34T|
|Bottom bracket||SRAM BB92|
|Hub (front)||DT Swiss 350|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|DT Swiss 350|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Rims||Intense Recon Carbon|
|Tires||Maxxis Forekaster 29 x 2.35|
|Saddle||Fabric Line Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.