Intense 2020 Sniper XC 29 Expert Bike - Unisex
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Please note, it may take us longer than usual to fulfill bike orders due to current measures. Expected delivery is 14 to 21 business days.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Built to be faster and lighter. This XC machine is built for speed, but it still sends on technical climbs or twisty track descents. JS Tuned suspension offers a beautifully efficient climbing experience while easing out the bumps in the trail. The 29er wheels, paired with finely tuned geometry, deliver and fast and smooth ride when time is your enemy. With 100mm of travel in the front and rear, you get a balance of pedalling efficiency and top performance through a variety of conditions. Fox Performance fork and shocks, Stan's Crest wheels and comfort boosting dropper post, the Sniper XC Expert is packed with tech to last for years of next-level riding.
- Full carbon frame and top link, with aluminum lower link, provides a stiff and compliant ride.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient climbing with high performance on descent.
- Slack head tube angle coupled with 44mm offset combines the benefits of a big-travel bike with the responsiveness of a short-travel trail ripper.
- Long wheelbase and low BB height improves stability when riding fast on rough terrain.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Performance Elite 32 fork provides 100mm of travel.
- FOX Performance Elite DPS rear shock with 100mm of travel and 3-position lever for open, medium and firm settings.
- Intense Recon dropper offers 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 170mm (XL) of travel.
- SRAM NX Eagle alloy crank uses DUB standard and is equipped with a 32T ring.
- SRAM NX Eagle shifter and derailleur for a 1x12 drivetrain.
- Shimano M500 hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors front and rear.
- 760mm wide Intense Recon alloy handlebars provide a comfortable riding position.
- WTB Silverado Sport saddle with Cr-Mo rails is ultra comfy.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- Stan's Crest wheelset features a 23mm inner rim width.
- Maxxis Rekon tires in 2.25in. width are designed for aggressive XC trails.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff, like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles has been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Intense Sniper XC carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 Performance Elite|
|Rear shock||Fox Float DPS Performance Elite|
|Stem||Intense Recon 45mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Intense Recon with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Nano Foam|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M500 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M500 Disc|
|Shifters||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM NX Eagle|
|Crank + rings||SRAM NX Eagle 32T|
|Bottom bracket||Truvativ Pressfit DUB|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1230 Eagle 12-speed 11-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle NX|
|Tires||Maxxis Rekon 29 x 2.25|
|Wheel||Stan's Crest M1|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.