Intense 2020 Sniper XC 29 Pro Bike - Unisex
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Race friends or foes (or yourself) on this light XC rig. But don't be deceived by its long and low appearance. It's fast on tricky climbs and totally transcendent on descents. JS Tuned suspension delivers a smooth and bob-free climbing experience while keeping things buttery through mixed terrain. Like you'd expect from a race-ready XC rig, the 29er wheels are paired with finely tuned geometry. Fast rolling and stable, it's prepped with 100mm of travel in the front and rear, striking a beautiful balance of pedalling efficiency, versatility and top-end performance. With Fox top-of-the-line Factory fork and shocks, industry-leading DT Swiss wheels, and a gram-shaving carbon crank, the Sniper XC Pro commits to years of next-level riding.
- Full carbon frame and top link, with aluminum lower link, provides a stiff and compliant ride.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient climbing with high performance on descent.
- Slack head tube angle coupled with 44mm offset combines the benefits of a big-travel bike with the responsiveness of a short-travel trail ripper.
- Long wheelbase and low BB height improves stability when riding fast on rough terrain.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Factory 32 fork uses the incredibly hard Kashima coating and provides 100mm of travel.
- FOX Factory DPS Kashima rear shock with 100mm of travel and 3-position lever for open, medium and firm settings.
- Kindshock Carbon LEV Ci dropper seatpost uses carbon fibre to reduce the weight and offers 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 175mm (XL) of travel.
- Truvativ Stylo Carbon fibre crank uses DUB standard and comes with a 34T ring.
- SRAM Eagle GX shifter and X01 derailleur for a 1x12 drivetrain.
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors front and rear.
- 760mm wide Intense Recon Carbon handlebars provide a comfortable riding position.
- Fabric Line Wide Elite saddle with Cr-Mo rails is ultra comfy.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- DT Swiss X1700 Spline wheelset are laced on DT Swiss 240 hubs and features a 25mm inner rim width.
- Maxxis Rekon tires in 2.25in. width are designed for aggressive XC trails.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff, like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles has been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Frame||Intense Sniper XC SL carbon|
|Fork||Fox Factory 32 Kashima|
|Rear shock||Fox Factory DPS Kashima|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Kindshock Carbon LEV Ci 125mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon Carbon 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Nano Foam|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Stylo Carbon 34T|
|Bottom bracket||Truvativ Pressfit DUB|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1275 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis Rekon 29 x 2.25|
|Wheel||DT Swiss X1700 Spline|
|Saddle||Fabric Line Wide Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.