Intense 2020 Sniper XC 29 Elite Bike - Unisex
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
A podium-ready XC machine. This bike is primed for personal bests and race-level performance. It's ultra-fast on technical climbs while delivering all-round-awesome performance through mixed terrain and tricky descents. JS Tuned suspension offers a sublime climbing experience while greasing out the rough patches. This top-level XC racer thoughtfully pairs hyperlight 29er wheels with finely tuned geometry, resulting in a fast and stable ride. Fox Performance fork and shocks, a full carbon wheelset, and a carbon crank...the Sniper XC Elite is the perfect precision tool to ride at the top of your game.
- Full carbon frame and top link, with aluminum lower link, provides a stiff and compliant ride.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient climbing with high performance on descent.
- Slack head tube angle coupled with 44mm offset combines the benefits of a big-travel bike with the responsiveness of a short-travel trail ripper.
- Long wheelbase and low BB height improves stability when riding fast on rough terrain.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Factory 32 SC fork provides 100mm of travel.
- FOX Factory DPS rear shock with 100mm of travel and 3-position lever for open, medium and firm settings.
- Kindshock Carbon LEV Ci dropper seatpost offers 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 175mm (XL) of travel.
- Truvativ Stylo Carbon crank uses DUB standard and is paired with a 34T chainring.
- SRAM Eagle X01 shifter and Eagle XX1 derailleur for an powerful 1x12 drivetrain.
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors front and rear.
- 760mm wide Intense Recon Carbon handlebars provide a comfortable riding position.
- Fabric Line Wide Elite is ultra comfy.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- E13 XCX race Carbon wheelset features a 24mm inner rim width.
- Maxxis Rekon tires in 2.25in. width are designed for aggressive XC trails.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff, like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles has been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Intense Sniper XC carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 SC Performance|
|Rear shock||Fox Float DPS Performance 3 Pos|
|Stem||Intense Recon 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Kindshock Carbon LEV Ci 125mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Flat 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Nano Foam|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM XX1 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Stylo Carbon 34T|
|Bottom bracket||Truvativ Pressfit DUB|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis Rekon 29 x 2.25|
|Wheel||E13 XCX Race Carbon|
|Saddle||Fabric Line Wide Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.