Intense 2020 Sniper XC 29 Elite Bike - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Please note, it may take us longer than usual to fulfill bike orders due to current measures. Expected delivery is 14 to 21 business days.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Hey, that specific product isn't available. Here's the newest version, just note the price and features might be slightly different.
A podium-ready XC machine. This bike is primed for personal bests and race-level performance. It's ultra-fast on technical climbs while delivering all-round-awesome performance through mixed terrain and tricky descents. JS Tuned suspension offers a sublime climbing experience while greasing out the rough patches. This top-level XC racer thoughtfully pairs hyperlight 29er wheels with finely tuned geometry, resulting in a fast and stable ride. Fox Performance fork and shocks, a full carbon wheelset, and a carbon crank...the Sniper XC Elite is the perfect precision tool to ride at the top of your game.
- Full carbon frame and top link, with aluminum lower link, provides a stiff and compliant ride.
- JS Tuned rear linkage results in efficient climbing with high performance on descent.
- Slack head tube angle coupled with 44mm offset combines the benefits of a big-travel bike with the responsiveness of a short-travel trail ripper.
- Long wheelbase and low BB height improves stability when riding fast on rough terrain.
- Internal routing prevents cable rattle and keeps them protected.
- FOX Factory 32 SC fork provides 100mm of travel.
- FOX Factory DPS rear shock with 100mm of travel and 3-position lever for open, medium and firm settings.
- Kindshock Carbon LEV Ci dropper seatpost offers 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 175mm (XL) of travel.
- Truvativ Stylo Carbon crank uses DUB standard and is paired with a 34T chainring.
- SRAM Eagle X01 shifter and Eagle XX1 derailleur for an powerful 1x12 drivetrain.
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes with 160mm rotors front and rear.
- 760mm wide Intense Recon Carbon handlebars provide a comfortable riding position.
- Fabric Line Wide Elite is ultra comfy.
- 148x12mm spacing in the rear and 110x15mm in the front boosts stiffness.
- E13 XCX race Carbon wheelset features a 24mm inner rim width.
- Maxxis Rekon tires in 2.25in. width are designed for aggressive XC trails.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 2 years after purchase.
- Buy an Intense bike, get 2 years of free top-level bike service that includes drivetrain tune-ups, wheel truing, 2 brake bleeds, 2 fork and shock services and minor part installs.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff, like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles has been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993.
|Ideal for||Cross-country riding|
|Frame||Intense Sniper XC carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 32 SC Performance|
|Rear shock||Fox Float DPS Performance 3 Pos|
|Stem||Intense Recon 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Kindshock Carbon LEV Ci 125mm travel|
|Handlebars||Intense Flat 760mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Nano Foam|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM XX1 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Stylo Carbon 34T|
|Bottom bracket||Truvativ Pressfit DUB|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Tires||Maxxis Rekon 29 x 2.25|
|Wheel||E13 XCX Race Carbon|
|Saddle||Fabric Line Wide Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.