Streetlights and moon light are great, but they are not enough to provide a confident foot placement. Headlamps work well but can wash out the terrain, making harder to see potential hazards. By taking your light off your head and lowering it to your waist the Lumen line of lights aim the light down to where you need to see, increasing contrast and detail. You also get the benefit of moving the light to a stable mount that stays aimed at your running line. The Lumen 800 Ultra is powered by 2 easy to charge 18650 batteries and even gives you the option of running off any USB powerbank. Packing a powerful 800 lumens and a wide-angle lens, this light is like running with your own little patch of sunshine.
- 4 modes: 3 in steady and 1 in flashing; steady: 800 lumens (5.5h), 500 lumens (9h), 200 lumens (15h) and flash – 800 lumens (20h).
- Fatigue Free™ features integrate the controls of the light into the lighthead and bezel, simply push the bezel or lens of the light to activate and cycle through modes. By keeping the controls of the light easy, you can still use your light when reaching your limits.
- Steady Beam™ regulated output technology keeps your light from dimming until the battery is almost dead.
- Super-wide-angle lens spreads the beam out, so you don’t miss a thing.
- PerfectAngle™ allows the lighthead to adjust 25° up, or 25° down, letting you dial in right lighting angle to maximize the contrast of your running surface.
- Flashing modes help keep you seen in the daytime.
- IPX6 waterproofing stands up to any weather you’re willing to run in, and probably more.
- Runs off 2 18650 batteries (included) in a sleek aircraft aluminum tube that can be worn on the runing belt or put in a race vest or pack.
- Easy USB charging means you can always have fresh batteries.
- Included adapter cable connects your light to any USB type-A port, allowing you to power your light with nearly any powerbank you might already have.
- Lock-out mode keeps the light from turning on as you get to the start line.
- Ergonomic back plate keeps the light stable, and you comfortable.
- Fits 26-38” waists.
- In the box: Lumen 800 Ultra, 2 x 18650 batteries, adapter cords, battery charger and a carrying pouch.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Light source||1 LED|
|Burn time - low||15 h|
|Burn time - high||5.5 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Emits red light||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||2 18650 (included)|