Going fast is only fun when you can see where you’re going. A couple thousand lumens are here to ensure you keep having fun. The Exceed 3XT has a precisely machined aircraft aluminum light head that houses 3 LEDs mounted in an engineered reflector, lighting obstacles both near and far. To suit different sports, Silva developed Flow lighting that lets you see distance with the spot and what's in front of you with the flood light. When you need to see further, boost mode throws 2,300 lumens of dark-melting power. Whether you’re in your hiking boots or runners, on your bike, or on your skis, Silva has included a mount for you.
- Flow lighting mixes flood and spot beam to avoid the tunnel vision effect of a bright spotlight.
- Boost mode throws 2,300 lumens for 10 seconds, cutting a path through the darkness.
- Large (9900mAh) USB recheargeable battery pack is easy to top up (charges in only 4h).
- Battery extension cord gives you the option of putting the battery pack in your bag or a jacket pocket, to keep weight off your head and warm the batteries warm for cold weather performance.
- LED power indicator lets you know when your battery pack needs charging.
- Power reserve mode gives you 1 hour at low output to get to safety.
- 3 different mounting options (helmet, handlebar and head), letting you use your light for many activities.
- Anti-slip headband stays in place when on the move.
- Large, 1 button interface is easy to use with or without gloves.
- Rugged aluminum housing has integrated heat sink fins to prevent overheating.
- Lumens and runtimes measured to the ANSI/NEMA FL1 standard.
- IPX5 waterproofing stands up to any weather you’re willing to go out in.
- In the box: Exceed 3XT headlamp, rechargeable 9.9Ah battery pack, extension cable, USB charging cable, USB adapter, handlebar bracket, helmet bracket and storage bag.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - low||40m|
|Beam distance - med||120m|
|Beam distance - high||220m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||3 LEDs|
|Burn time - low||60 h|
|Burn time - med||18 h|
|Burn time - high||12 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Power supply||USB charger|
|Emits red light||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.