Lighter and brighter than the original, Silva packed power into this compact headlamp. The Trail Speed 4XT’s machined aluminum head has 2 LEDs in a custom engineered reflector to light obstacles both near and far. For different sports, Silva developed Flow lighting that lets you see distance with the spot, and what’s in front of you with the flood light. Whether you’re in your hiking boots or runners, on your bike, or on your skis, Silva has included a mount for you.
- Flow lighting mixes flood and spot beams to avoid the tunnel vision of a bright spotlight.
- USB rechargeable battery pack is easy to top (fully charges in 4h).
- Battery extension cord gives you the option of putting the battery pack in your bag or jacket pocket, to move weight off your head and warm the batteries for cold weather performance.
- LED power indicator lets you know when your battery pack needs charging.
- Power reserve mode gives you 1 hour at low output to get to safety.
- 3 different mounting options (helmet, handlebar and head), letting you use your light for many activities.
- Anti-slip headband stays in place when on the move.
- Large, 1 button interface is easy to use with or without gloves.
- Rugged aluminum housing has integrated heat sink fins to prevent overheating.
- Lumens and runtimes measured to the ANSI/NEMA FL1 standard.
- IPX5 waterproofing stands up to any weather you’re willing to go out in.
- In the box: Trail Speed 4XT headlamp, rechargeable 3.3Ah battery pack, extension cable, USB charging cable, handlebar bracket, helmet bracket and storage bag.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - low||40m|
|Beam distance - med||80m|
|Beam distance - high||160m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||2 LEDs|
|Burn time - low||20 h h|
|Burn time - med||7.5 h|
|Burn time - high||5 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Power supply||USB charger|
|Emits red light||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.