Cannondale 2020 Fat CAAD 1 Bicycle - Unisex
- Not available online
- Find in store
Available in stores only or by calling 1.888.847.0770 to order with free in-store pickup
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Pairing massive, ultra-capable 3.8in. tires with Cannondale's industry-leading aluminum frame expertise, this bike is a monster truck with the soul of a racer. Ideal for riding fast on snow and other loose surfaces, the Fat CAAD features a slack head angle for reassuring handling on tight trails and speedy logging road descents. The alloy framework is a thing of beauty, with hydroformed, mechanically shaped tubes, ultra-refined taper butting and smooth, double-pass welds for an ultralight, stiff and durable frame. A simple, reliable Shimano 1X drivetrain provides a huge gear range for steep climbs, and integrated cranks with offset chainring reduce the Q-factor by 2.5cm (compared to most fat bikes), so it feels like you're riding a bike rather than straddling a horse.
- Ultralight and durable SmartForm C1 Alloy frame is Cannondale's premium 6061 aluminum construction.
- OutFront steering geometry pairs a slack head angle with long fork offset for stability, confidence and agility.
- Rigid aluminum fork is reliable and super-efficient on firm surfaces.
- Integrated cranks and offset chainring means a narrower Q-factor and comfortable, ergonomic pedalling.
- Shimano SLX 1x11-speed shifter and derailleur is paired with a Sunrace 11-46T cassette.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide unmatched stopping power in all conditions.
- 27.5" wheels provide a balance of agility and low rolling resistance.
- Huge Maxxis Minion tires provide float in snow, sand and mud, fantastic grip on climbs and a smooth ride in uneven terrain.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||Cannondale SmartForm C1 Alloy aluminum|
|Fork||Cannondale Fatty aluminum|
|Stem||Cannondale C3 6061 31.8mm 7°|
|Seatpost||Cannondale 3 6061 Alloy 31.6 x 400mm|
|Headset||Tange Seiki Integrated|
|Handlebars||Cannondale 3 Riser 780mm 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro HD-M745|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano SLX GS|
|Crank + rings||Cannondale 1 BB30 Ai Offset SpideRing X-Sync 30T|
|Hub (front)||Sun Ringle SRC 15x150|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Sun Ringle SRC 12x197|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Sunrace MS8-E 11-speed 11-46T|
|Rims||Sun Ringle Mulefüt 80 SL|
|Tires||Maxxis Minion FBF 27.5 x 3.8|
|Saddle||Cannondale Stage 3|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.