Cannondale 2020 Fat CAAD 1 Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Please note, it may take us longer than usual to fulfill bike orders due to current measures. Expected delivery is 14 to 21 business days.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Pairing massive, ultra-capable 3.8in. tires with an industry-leading frame, this bike is a monster truck with the soul of a racer. For riding fast on snow and other loose surfaces, the Fat CAAD features a slack head angle for reassuring handling and nimbleness on tight curves. The frame is a thing of ultralight beauty, with hydroformed, mechanically shaped tubes, ultra-refined taper butting and durable double-pass welds. Simple, reliable Shimano 1X drivetrain provides a huge gear range for steep climbs, and integrated cranks with offset chainring reduce the Q-factor by 2.5cm (compared to most fat bikes), so it feels like you're riding a bike rather than straddling a horse.
- Ultralight and durable SmartForm C1 Alloy frame is Cannondale's premium 6061 aluminum construction.
- OutFront steering geometry pairs a slack head angle with long fork offset for stability, confidence and agility.
- Rigid aluminum fork is reliable and super-efficient on firm surfaces.
- Integrated cranks and offset chainring means a narrower Q-factor and comfortable, ergonomic pedalling.
- Shimano SLX 1x11-speed shifter and derailleur is paired with a Sunrace 11-46T cassette.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide unmatched stopping power in all conditions.
- 27.5" wheels provide a balance of agility and low rolling resistance.
- Huge Maxxis Minion tires provide float in snow, sand and mud, fantastic grip on climbs and a smooth ride in uneven terrain.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for two years after purchase.
|Ideal for||Trail riding|
|Frame||Cannondale SmartForm C1 Alloy aluminum|
|Fork||Cannondale Fatty aluminum|
|Stem||Cannondale C3 6061 31.8mm 7°|
|Seatpost||Cannondale 3 6061 Alloy 31.6 x 400mm|
|Headset||Tange Seiki Integrated|
|Handlebars||Cannondale 3 Riser 780mm 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Tektro HD-M745|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano SLX GS|
|Crank + rings||Cannondale 1 BB30 Ai Offset SpideRing X-Sync 30T|
|Hub (front)||Sun Ringle SRC 15x150|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Sun Ringle SRC 12x197|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Sunrace MS8-E 11-speed 11-46T|
|Rims||Sun Ringle Mulefüt 80 SL|
|Tires||Maxxis Minion FBF 27.5 x 3.8|
|Saddle||Cannondale Stage 3|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.