Zero drop runners that provide traction in a super-light set up. The minimalist upper moulds to your foot, and the slimline midsole keeps you in tune with the ground beneath your feet. Features Merrell's Barefoot 2 construction for enhanced proprioception and stablilty through any movements you can muster.
- Mesh upper is made from recycled plastic and reinforced with TPU overlays for a secure and smooth fit.
- Moulded TPU heel cup securely holds your foot in place.
- Barefoot 2 construction enhances stability and sensitivity on the trail.
- BLOOM performance foam midsole is made with...wait for it...recycled algae.
- Non-removable integrated mesh insole adds comfort and cushioning.
- Vibram® Ecodura outsole with 3mm lugs offers good grip on varied terrain.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Minimalist and natural|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.