Salomon XA Wild Gore-Tex Trail Running Shoes - Men's
We need some downtime. For the next 97 minutes you can browse the site, but you won't be able to checkout, update your account or view your order history. If you signed in, any items in your cart are saved. See you soon.
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Extra support for moving fast in rough conditions. Inspired by the iconic XA Pro series, these trail runners are a beefed-up version designed to offer extra protection and even more support on the trail. They're super versatile, either as a light hiker or an ultra-rugged trail runner.
- GORE-TEX® lining keeps your feet dry in wet or muddy conditions with good breathability.
- Rugged mesh upper offers high breathability and durability with a secure fit.
- Reinforced toe cap and heel cup protect your feet on varied or rough terrain.
- SensiFit provides a smooth and comfortable fit with reduced pressure points.
- Quicklace closure provides a secure fit with a single pull and includes a lace pocket.
- Energy Cell midsole offers lightweight shock absorption with great energy return.
- Revised 3D chassis delivers improved stability on technical terrain.
- Contagrip MA outsole is designed for varied terrain with reliable grip on wet or rocky trails.
- Moulded EVA insole adds extra cushioning and comfort over longer distances.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
How to measure
- Foot length
- Use a ruler to measure the tracing off your foot from the front of your longest toe to the back of your heel.