Salomon XA Wild Trail Running Shoes - Men's
- Available online
- Find in store
We need some downtime. While we fix things, you can browse the site, but you won't be able to checkout, update your account or view your order history. If you signed in, any items in your cart are saved. See you soon.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
For moving fast through rough terrain. A trail shoe for fast hikes and short sprints...this does both well. Inspired by the tried-and-true XA Pro series, these trail runners offer extra cushioning and protection when conditions get tough. Protective toe caps and a durable upper make these a versatile choice for adventure seekers moving swiftly in mixed terrain.
- Rugged mesh upper offers high breathability and durability with a secure fit.
- Reinforced toe cap and heel cup protect your feet on varied or rough terrain.
- SensiFit provides a smooth and comfortable fit with reduced pressure points.
- Quicklace closure provides a secure fit with a single pull and includes a lace pocket.
- Energy Cell midsole offers lightweight shock absorption with great energy return.
- Revised 3D chassis delivers improved stability on technical terrain.
- Contagrip MA outsole is designed for varied terrain with reliable grip on wet or rocky trails.
- Moulded EVA insole adds extra cushioning and comfort over longer distances.
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.
How to measure
- Foot length
- Use a ruler to measure the tracing off your foot from the front of your longest toe to the back of your heel.