Take your love of running to the trails. These aggressive trail runners thrive on technical trails in wet or dry conditions. The midsole offers great energy return on short sprints or long laps of the mountain. The sole combines different lug depths for reliable traction and durable performance all season long.
- FutureLight waterproof technology uses nano-spun material to offer exceptional breathability and waterproofness.
- Seamless upper combines durable mesh with a TPU toe cap and heel cup to protect your feet.
- FastFoam midsole delivers a cushioned ride with a responsive feel.
- Eco-friendly Orthlite footbed offers superior comfort.
- EXTS gives you reliable grip in wet or dry conditions.
- Outsole features 3.5mm and 4mm lugs for traction on varied terrain.
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.