The fit of track spikes with the performance of trail shoes. These light runners boast the iconic Nike waffle sole, tweaked with tapered lugs so you can power up and down hills with control. A rock plate protects your foot and a rounded heel keeps your stride smooth and efficient.
- Mesh upper with TPU overlays is stronger and more durable than ever.
- Toe bumper for protection on rough trails.
- Forefoot rock plate helps prevent metatarsal bruising.
- Nike React cushioning provides great energy return.
- Enhanced heel cushioning absorbs shock from your heel strike.
- Full rubber outsole offers excellent traction on wet, loose or muddy surfaces.
- Anti-clog treatment sheds mud and dirt form the outsole.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.