With solid components, knobby trail tires and a suspension fork with 40mm of travel, this rad ride is a great next step for kids who have ditched the training wheels, outgrown their little kid bike and are ready to hit the local trails. A high-quality Cannondale aluminum frame ensures this bike will stand up to abuse from the current rider as well as any younger sibs who are next in line.
- Cannondale alloy frame is exceptionally lightweight and durable with high-quality welds.
- Suntour suspension fork has 40mm of travel to smooth out rough surfaces, rocks and roots.
- 1X drivetrain is clean and simple up front, with lots of gearing options for hills in back.
- Shimano Tourney 7-speed twist shifter.
- V-brakes provide reliable stopping power and are easy to service.
- Wide 20-inch tires with knobby tread for a smooth ride and reliable grip on trails.
- Ergonomic saddle and grips.
- Flat pedals with reflectors.
- Kickstand included.
- Ideal for riders 6-9 years old.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
|Frame||Cannondale SmartForm C3 Alloy aluminum|
|Fork||SR SunTour XCT-JR 20|
|Grips/tape||Cannondale Kids Performance|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|ProMax V (V-brake rim)|
|Brake levers||ProMax V aluminum|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tourney|
|Crank + rings||Pro Wheel aluminum 30T|
|Bottom bracket||Cartridge bearing|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 7-speed 14-28T|
|Rims||Alloy double wall|
|Tires||Innova 20 x 2.0|
|Saddle||Cannondale Fitness Ergo|