Howling winds at basecamp or summer showers on the trail, the Kunai can handle it all. The tapered design and brow pole create a strong profile that withstands snow and wind, but uses lighterweight materials for higher breathability and portability, making this a true year-round backpacking tent. Vents in the canopy and fly are positioned for ample ventilation, helping keep condensation low in hot or humid conditions.
- Fly is lightweight 15-denier nylon ripstop. A silicone treatment and a 1200mm polyurethane coating keep it waterproof.
- Floor is durable 30-denier nylon ripstop with a 1500mm polyurethane waterproof coating.
- Body is breathable 20-denier nylon ripstop that protects you from the wind without being too hot in warmer conditions.
- High strength DAC Featherlite NSL aluminum poles stand up to storms.
- Front arch pole and hubbed main pole provides extra headroom, snow shedding capacity and stability in winds from all directions.
- Vestibule door provides a wide opening for easy entry.
- Vents in the fly and mesh vents in the tent body create cross ventilation. Vents can be closed completely from inside when the weather moves in.
- Guy-out points are positioned to add strength and support in windy conditions. They pass through the fly and anchor directly to the poles for a secure anchor.
- Stake-out loops let you use skis as pegs in snowy conditions. Stakes are included for snow-free campsites.
- Internal pockets keep you organized, and special overhead pocks diffuse light throughout tent when a headlamp is placed in it.
- Storage bag with compression straps for compact carrying.
- Includes guylines and a repair kit.
- Footprint sold separately.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||20-denier nylon ripstop|
|Floor fabric||30-denier nylon ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||15-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL TH72M aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.07m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Packed size||18 x 28cm|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.6sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.