What happens when you take the narrow headwidth of the classic Camalot C3 and mix it with a modern 4-lobe design? Meet the Z4. These cams are made with a stem that becomes rigid when the lobes are retracted for easy placement, that then becomes flexible when the trigger is released to precent the cam from walking. The larger sizes have a twisted, dual cable stem to provide the same flex in all directions, while the smaller sizes have a single stem to cut down on size and to avoid the stem from buckling when the trigger is pulled. In a pinch, the larger sizes can be placed passively, thanks to the double axle design.
- RigidFlex Trigger stem stays rigid during placement and flexes when trigger is released.
- OmniFlex dual cable stem for .75, .5, .4, and .3 sizes provides equal stiffness in all directions. Single cable stem on smaller sizes reduces trigger profile.
- Double axle design for .75, .5, .4, and .3 sizes, and Stacked Axle technology for .2, .1, and 0 sizes.
- Narrow headwidth fits in small pods or shallow cracks.
- Slings and cams are colour-coded for quick identification.
|Ideal for||Trad and aid climbing|
The maximum force generated by a fall the equipment can withstand. The range includes all sizes.
|Three sigma tested||Yes|