A light shell for summer adventuring. For a canoe trip complete with portages or a coastal hike through mixed weather, this reliable rain shell is an essential in any gear closet. The Meridian takes a simple design, and crushes it on the details: comfortable fit, takes up minimal room in your backpack, and it's ready to keep you dry whenever the weather changes.
- GORE-TEX® Paclite Plus® with a 40-denier recycled face fabric protects from weather and abrasion.
- Adjustable hood features stiffened brim, partial elastic edges, and one-hand adjustment.
- YKK® RC zipper is PU coated for water resistance.
- Underarm zippered vents let you dump excess heat.
- 2 zippered hand pockets hold small quick-access items.
- Straight cuff with Velcro® tab adjusts around your wrists.
- Straight hem adjusts easily with one hand.
- Stuff sack included.
- Regular fit.
|Ideal for||Camping and hiking|
|Face fabric||40-denier recycled nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
|Product sustainability||Recycled content|