No battery pack, up to 400 lumens, 8 modes (4 steady and 4 flashing) and easy charging, this little light has a lot going for it. The Mini Drive 400XL packs a ton of features into its small package. The 1-button controls give you access to any of the light’s modes and it even remembers what mode it was in when you last used it. Easy USB-charging comes via the integrated plug, simply pop off the rear cover and plug your light right into any standard USB port and you’re charging, no cable needed. Small enough to keep in your bag as a “just in case” light, yet bright enough to be your go-to light.
- 8 lighting modes, 4 in steady and 4 in flashing; steady: 400 lumens (1h), 150 lumens (2.5h), 75 lumens (5h), 15 lumens (20h), flash 1–50 lumens (13.5h), flash 2–50 lumens (13.5h), day flash–400 lumens (7h) and pulse–50 lumens (15h).
- 1-button interface takes you through all your light’s modes.
- Race mode (activated by holding the button down for 5 seconds) uses only 2 modes, a high (400 lumens) and a low (75 lumens). Race mode lets you cycle between the high and low mode with a single button press, low mode is great for when your riding in a pack, high mode is good for when you’re in the lead.
- Mode memory remembers what mode the light was in when it was shut off.
- Cut-outs at the lens provide side illumination, keeping you seen from the side.
- Integrated USB plug means you don’t need to carry a charging cable – full charging takes about 2.5 hours.
- LED charging indicator lets you know light needs charging, when it’s charging and when it’s ready to go.
- Rugged aluminum body is durable and dissipates heat well.
- Silicone, tool-free mounting strap.
- IPX7 waterproofing protects your light from heavy downpours.
|Included mounts||Handlebar mount|
Most Canadian municipalities require a white front light and a red rear light.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||1 LED|
|Burn time - flash||50-7 h|
|Burn Time - steady||20-1 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
The amount of time it takes to fully charge the battery. Applies to lithium and NiMH type batteries. Does not apply to rechargeable or non-rechargeable AA or AAA batteries.
|Power supply||USB charger|
Includes a bracket or mounting system that attaches to most bike helmets.
|Emits red light||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|