No battery pack, up to 400 lumens, 8 modes (4 steady and 4 flashing) and easy charging, this little light has a lot going for it. The Mini Drive 400XL packs a ton of features into its small package. The 1-button controls give you access to any of the light’s modes and it even remembers what mode it was in when you last used it. Easy USB-charging comes via the integrated plug, simply pop off the rear cover and plug your light right into any standard USB port and you’re charging, no cable needed. Small enough to keep in your bag as a “just in case” light, yet bright enough to be your go-to light.
- 8 lighting modes, 4 in steady and 4 in flashing; steady: 400 lumens (1h), 150 lumens (2.5h), 75 lumens (5h), 15 lumens (20h), flash 1–50 lumens (13.5h), flash 2–50 lumens (13.5h), day flash–400 lumens (7h) and pulse–50 lumens (15h).
- 1-button interface takes you through all your light’s modes.
- Mode memory remembers what mode the light was in when it was shut off.
- Cut-outs at the lens provide side illumination, keeping you seen from the side.
- Integrated USB plug means you don’t need to carry a charging cable – full charging takes about 2.5 hours.
- LED charging indicator lets you know light needs charging, when it’s charging and when it’s ready to go.
- Rugged aluminum body is durable and dissipates heat well.
- Silicone, tool-free mounting strap.
- IPX7 waterproofing protects your light from heavy downpours.
|Included mounts||Handlebar mount|
Most Canadian municipalities require a white front light and a red rear light.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||1 LED|
|Burn time - flash||50-7 h|
|Burn Time - steady||20-1 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
The amount of time it takes to fully charge the battery. Applies to lithium and NiMH type batteries. Does not apply to rechargeable or non-rechargeable AA or AAA batteries.
Rechargeable lights give you hassle-free recharging with almost any power source. Replaceable batteries provide instant power, but you’ll need to bring extra batteries, recycle used ones and buy new ones.
Includes a bracket or mounting system that attaches to most bike helmets.
|Red light mode||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|
|Product sustainability||Rechargeable batteries|