Intense 2020 Tazer Expert E-Bicycle - Unisex
Unavailable online. Check your local store for availability.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
All for fun, and fun for all. This lively enduro e-bike is your ticket to the far side of the mountain where the best-kept trail secrets are. Shimano's latest development, the E7000, keeps your momentum going with customizable assist modes. This rig lets you cover more ground, plus you'll save your energy for good times riding, rather than sad times climbing. Blended 279 geometry delivers the punch-it factor of a 27.5 with the roll-over advantage of a 29er. And it's no surprise that this tech-laden trail beast is nicely spec'd with Fox Performance Float 36 and DPX2 shocks, so you're up for an I-can't-believe-it's-not-butter kinda ride.
- Shimano Steps E7000 motor is compact and lightweight with customizable modes (eco, trail and boost).
- Compact and Bluetooth ready LCD display shows battery range, gear number, and power assist mode.
- Shimano E-Tube app lets you customize your modes, see all levels of detail, and manage firmware updates.
- Sleek battery swaps out easily on the trail, and it's small enough to stash a spare in your pack.
- To keep your battery performing at its best, follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding storage and charging conditions (e-Bike batteries can be very sensitive to cold temperatures).
- Full carbon frame gives a lively enduro ride with a 64.9 degree headtube angle.
- FOX Performance Float 36 E-Bike (GRIP 3 positions) with 160mm of travel.
- FOX Performane DXP2 rear shock has 3 positions with 155mm of travel.
- Shimano SLX shifter and derailleur provide smooth shifiting with a tough chain.
- Shimano XT cranks with a 34T chainring pair with an 11-speed 11-42T cassette.
- Shimano M520 hydraulic brakes with 203mm rotors for increased braking power.
- DT Swiss H1900 wheels feature DT Swiss 370 hybrid hubs and DT Hybrid 1 spokes.
- Dropper seat post offers 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 170mm (XL) of travel.
- Tires: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29 x 2.6 (front) and 27.5 x 2.8 (rear).
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
|Frame||Intense Tazer Optimized 29 (front) 27.5 (rear) carbon|
|Fork||Fox Float 36 Performance E-Bike|
|Rear shock||Fox Float Performance DPX2|
|Stem||Intense Recon 45mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Intense Recon Dropper|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Drive unit||Shimano DU-E7000|
|Assistance type||Pedal assist|
|Display Unit||Shimano Steps LCD (BT compatible)|
|Charge time||1.5 h|
|Max assisted speed||32km/h|
Watt-hours let you compare battery pack energy across bike brands, since they use different voltage and amp-hour measurements. Watt-hours = volts x amp-hours.
Range per charge
Varies depending on the terrain, wind, temperature, rolling resistance, weight on the bike and average speed.
|Drive unit power||250W|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano M520 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano M520 Disc|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano SLX|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 34T|
|Hub (front)||DT Swiss 370|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|DT Swiss 370|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano SLX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Spokes||DT Hybrid 1|
|Wheel||DT Swiss H1900|
|Saddle||WTB Silverado Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.