The most important piece of gear in your riding kit. Lots of vents keep you cool on intense summer rides. Plus, MIPS technology adds another edge of protection if your ride doesn't go as planned. And with a sleek modern design, it looks great with any rider's kit.
- Lightweight in-mould construction uses EPS to help protect you from impacts.
- MIPS technology provides an extra level of protection again rotational forces.
- Adjustable dial lets you find the right fit quickly.
- Sunglass keeper holds your shades for you.
- 16 vents let air flow through to keep you comfortable.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).