The piece of gear that's more important than your bike. With 17 airy vents, this helmet belongs on trails and XC courses. MIPS technology adds another level of protection if your ride doesn't go as planned. Details like extra head coverage and a flexible visor prove this helmet was designed by shredders for shredders.
- Lightweight in-mould construction uses EPS to help protect you from impacts.
- MIPS technology provides an extra level of protection again rotational forces.
- Flexible adjustable visor keeps light and weather off your face.
- Safe-T DUO fit system lets you adjust your fit quickly.
- Sunglass keeper holds your shades.
- 17 vents let air flow through to keep you comfortable.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial + interchangeable foam pads|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).