With the same MIPS protection, adjustable fit system and coverage as MET's higher-end helmets, this entry-level mountain biking helmet cuts costs without cutting corners.
- MIPS-C2® technology (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) reduces rotational forces in an oblique impact. An inner shell sandwiched under the foam reduces the rotational torque on your skull.
- Extended coverage at the base of head.
- Safe-T mid adjustment system provides a snug and precise fit.
- Removable visor protects you from the sun and low-hanging branches.
- Anti-fog port allows for airflow in your goggles or sunglasses to keep them fog-free.
- 14 vents keep your head cool when pushing through technical climbs.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).