For your fast and fearless young ripper. It might be designed for young riders, but it's built with the same details as adult helmets. And MIPS technology adds another level of protection from falls or hard hits. Easy to adjust and super vented, this helmet is comfortable enough to ride in all day.
- Lightweight in-mould construction uses EPS to help protect from impacts.
- MIPS technology provides an extra level of protection again rotational forces.
- Removable visor keeps light and weather off your face.
- Safe-T Twist 2 fit system is easy to self adjust.
- Reflective detail on the back.
- 14 vents let air flow through for a comfortable ride.
- Foam pads are removable and washable.
|Ideal for||Mountain biking|
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).