Intense 2020 Tazer Pro E-Bicycle - Unisex
- Not available online
- Find in store
Please note, it may take us longer than usual to fulfill bike orders due to current measures. Expected delivery is 10 to 15 business days.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
The fun-factor is high. And for those who love to experiment, the Intense Tazer Pro doesn't disappoint. Climb without completely draining the life from your legs, saving your energy (and knees) for the fun stuff. With a seamlessly frame-integrated motor and battery, you get the geometry and feel of a true enduro bike, nimble and agile. The Shimano E8000, the lightest e-bike motor in its class, punches above its weight for functionality. Its three modes – eco, trail and boost – are totally customizable. Plus, pedal assist modes takes the drag out of those juicy tires, and the increased traction helps you cruise through corners and climbs. Farther, faster and funner, this stoke-worthy steed crams a week of riding into a day.
- Shimano E8000 motor is the lightest in its class, with three customizable modes (eco, trail and boost). Boost is 300%.
- Compact and Bluetooth ready LCD display shows battery range, gear number, and power assist mode.
- Shimano E-Tube app lets you customize your modes, see all levels of detail, and manage firmware updates.
- Sleek battery swaps out easily on the trail, and it's small enough to stash a spare in your pack.
- Full carbon frame gives a lively enduro ride with 160/155mm of travel and a 64.9 degree headtube angle.
- Reach: Small (425 mm); Medium (450 mm); and Large (475 mm).
- Shimano XT cranks pair with a Shimano SLX deraileur provide a 11-speed drive train with a tougher chain.
- Shimano XT hydraulic brakes with 203mm rotors for increased braking power.
- Reinforced wheels feature DT Swiss H1700 rims with DT Swiss 350 hybrid hubs and spokes.
- Wheel/tire size: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29 x 2.6 (front) and 27.5 x 2.8 (rear).
|Frame||Intense Tazer Optimized 29 (front) 27.5 (rear) carbon|
|Fork||Fox Factory 36 Kashima E-Bike|
|Stem||Intense Recon 45mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Factory Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Drive unit||Shimano DU-E8000|
|Assistance type||Pedal assist|
|Display Unit||Shimano Steps LCD (BT compatible)|
|Charge time||1.5 h|
|Max assisted speed||32km/h|
Watt-hours let you compare battery pack energy across bike brands, since they use different voltage and amp-hour measurements. Watt-hours = volts x amp-hours.
Range per charge
Varies depending on the terrain, wind, temperature, rolling resistance, weight on the bike and average speed.
|Drive unit power||250W|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano XT (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano SLX|
|Crank + rings||Shimano XT 34T|
|Hub (front)||DT Swiss 350|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|DT Swiss 350|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano SLX 11-speed 11-42T|
|Spokes||DT Swiss hybrid 1|
|Rims||DT Swiss H1700 Hybrid|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.