For hard trail and enduro riding, this is a tire for aggressive riders looking for speed and cornering control on fast, dry trails. Run them as a pair for trail or enduro. For downhill, Maxxis recommends running the Dissector in the rear and pairing it with a larger-knobbed tire up front. Optimized for wider 30-35mm rims.
- Tubeless ready tire means lower air pressure, improved traction, lower rolling resistnace and less chance of flatting.
- Intermediate (not too soft, not too hard) rubber compound is designed offer a balance of traction and speed.
- EXO protection increases sidewall durability, abrasion and cut resistance.
- Wide trail spacing is optimized for 30-35mm inner width rims.
- Can be ridden as a pair, or front or rear for trail/enduro purposes. Recommended as a rear tire for downhill.
The bead holds the tire onto the rim. Beads may be hoops of wire, or made of a flexible material which allows them to be folded compactly. Folding tires are easier to store or pack on trips.
|Tire size||29 X 2.4in.|
ISO/ETRTO universal tire sizing system number for matching the correct tire to the rim.
Threads per inch. Tires with a higher TPI tend to be more supple and lighter, with less rolling resistance, but are less durable.