MEC 407 E-Bike - Unisex
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Unavailable online. Check your local store for availability.
An e-bike is like always having the wind at your back. The light, strong frame and an efficient drive unit are tailor-made for urban adventures. Multiple modes give your pedalling a little extra oomph or total hill-levelling power. Little touches like big tires, a wide seat, ergonomic grips and front suspension smooth out rough pavement, urban potholes or gravel roads.
- Light, durable aluminum 6061 alloy frame
- Shimano Steps E5000 drive unit provides pedal assist up to 32km/h.
- Bar mounted computer cycles through modes (off, walk, eco, normal and high), turns on lights, and provides data.
- Computer is Bluetooth™ and ANT compatible for use with fitness sensors.
- 418WH battery lithium-ion battery locks to frame.
- Removable battery charges on or off the bike, and allows use of a second battery.
- Max distance varies with conditions and assistance level, expect between 25–150km.
- Follow manufacturer’s guidelines to store and charge (e-bike batteries can be sensitive to cold).
- SR Suntour front suspension fork smooths out the bumps.
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes provide lots of stopping power.
- Shimano Deore drivetrain offers 10 speeds.
- Integrated front and rear lights.
- Fenders help keep you dry.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics are developed in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||Aluminum 6061 alloy|
|Fork||SR Suntour NEX|
|Stem||MEC E-City 31.8mm 35°|
|Handlebars||MEC E-City Riser 31.8mm|
|Drive unit||Shimano DU-E5000|
|Assistance type||Pedal assist|
|Display Unit||Shimano SC-E6100|
|Max assisted speed||32km/h|
Watt-hours let you compare battery pack energy across bike brands, since they use different voltage and amp-hour measurements. Watt-hours = volts x amp-hours.
|Drive unit power||250W|
|Grips/tape||MEC Ergo Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano BR-MT201 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Acera|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Deore|
|Crank + rings||Shimano FC-E5000 38T|
|Hub (front)||Shimano Deore|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano CS-HG500 10-speed 11-34T|
|Tires||Continental Speed Contact Reflex 700 x 42|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.