Safety for every day of riding. This lid features a removable visor, to suit any style of riding on any given day. With 15 vents, it keeps the air flowing in so you stay cool and composed from the trail to the bike lane.
- Light polycarbonate shell provides durable and economical protection from hard hits.
- EPS inner absorbs shock and dissappates energy from impacts.
- LDL technology improves protection from direct or rotational forces.
- Removable visor lets you deal with light or weather on any day of riding.
- 15 vents keep air moving in for a cool and comfortable ride.
- Adjustable buckle and rear ratchets provide a precise fit.
- Anti-microbial pads inside help control the funk.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Dual ratchet system|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).