Intense 2020 Primer S Pro Bike - Unisex
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Get extra experimental on technical trail cuz it's slash and dash time. This trail bike's staggered 279 geometry combines a 29er wheel on the front with a 27.5 rear wheel. The result is a rowdy rig that cleans tight turns, but still bumps confidently on loose trails or chunky rock gardens. The drive train delivers punchy insta-power, with crisp gear changes exactly when you want it. Impressively spec'd with Fox Factory 36 and DPX2 shocks, this trail bike handles technical descents like a pro.
- Full carbon frame scales down the weight while keeping your ride feel nimble and agile.
- Agressive enduro/trail geometry gives a 65.1 degree headtube angle.
- Internal cable routing keeps shifter, seatpost and brake cables tidy.
- FOX Factory 36 fork (3-pos) absorbs shock with 150mm of travel.
- FOX Factory DPX2 (3-pos) handles well on small or big bumps with 140mm of travel.
- Truvativ Stylo 32T crankset gives you lively power on hills, bumps or loose sections.
- Shimano XT hydraulic disc brakes provide powerful all-conditions braking.
- SRAM GX Eagle shifters give responsive gear changes.
- SRAM X01 Eagle rear derailleur provides quick gear changes.
- SRAM GX chain provides smooth drive power on a 12-speed 11-50T cassette.
- FOX Transfer seatpost offers 125mm (S) 150mm (M/L) or 175mm (XL) of travel.
- Front tire: Maxxis Minion DHR II 29 x 2.6.
- Rear tire: Maxxis Rekon+ 27.5 x 2.8.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your Intense Bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for 1 year after purchase.
- Includes an Intense gift box with over $150 of free stuff – like a torque wrench set, shock pump and extra valve stems for going tubeless.
- Based in Temecula, California, Intense Cycles have been building aggressive, game-changing and flat-out rad mountain bikes since 1993."
|Frame||Intense Primer S 279 carbon|
|Fork||Fox Factory 36|
|Rear shock||Fox Factory DPX2|
|Stem||Intense Recon Elite 50mm 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||Fox Factory Transfer with 150mm travel|
|Headset||Cane Creek 40|
|Handlebars||Intense Recon Carbon 780mm 31.8mm|
|Grips/tape||Intense Dual Density Lock-on|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Brake levers||Shimano XT|
|Shifters||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM X01 Eagle|
|Crank + rings||Truvativ Stylo 6K DUB 32T|
|Bottom bracket||DUB BSA|
|Hub (front)||LG1 Race SL|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|LG1 Race SL|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM XG-1295 Eagle 12-speed 10-50T|
|Chain||SRAM Eagle GX|
|Rims||E13 LG1 Enduro Race|
|Tires||Maxxis Minion DHR II 29 x 2.6|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Radius Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.