A great little mountain bike to get the next generation up to speed. Equipped with a light and strong aluminum frame, the Speed Ltd. is easy for them to pedal and easy for you to lift in and out of the car. Tektro V-brakes give little trail riders their first taste of precise speed control, and even lets future rippers practice their stoppies. Grippy Kenda tires provide stability and confidence while learning to ride. And, a quick-release adjustment on the seatpost means no tools are needed to keep up with growth spurts and hand-me-downs.
- MEC designed frame uses 6061 aluminum for a durable yet light construction.
- Quick-release seat clamp makes seat adjustment easy and tool-free.
- Tektro V-brakes keep velocity under control.
- Equipped with grippy Kenda K-846 tires.
- Cat-eye reflector kit adds visibility in all conditions.
- Chain cover offers a little extra protection for new riders.
- Standover height of 41cm fits most kids from 4 to 7.
|Ideal for||Urban cycling|
|Frame||MEC 6061 butted aluminum|
|Grips/tape||SDG Slater Jr|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Tektro Jr. (V-brake rim)|
|Brake levers||Tektro Jr.|
|Crank + rings||LASCO 30T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA BB-7420ST|
|Pedals||MEC Mtn Jr.|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Tires||Kenda K-50 16 x 1.75|