Capture immersive, 360° videos of your adventures. Share rides, runs, lines, or whatever you chase in a level of detail that will make your friends and followers feel like they are right there with you. Super-wide-angle lenses on both the front and back mean the GoPro Max doesn’t miss a thing. Footage from both lenses is combined to output a smooth 5.6K 360° video. When 360° videos are played on a smartphone or tablet (something with an accelerometer and gyroscope), they are windows into your experience. The scene moves where the screen moves, transporting your viewers right into your video. When not shooting 360° videos the Max can shoot in HERO mode. This mode uses one lens to film, great for POV style videos or vlogging. With the lens and the screen on the same side you can frame your shots while talking right to the camera. HERO mode grants access to HyperSmooth Boost for the smoothest footage to ever come out of an action camera. Six strategically placed microphones deliver crisp, clear audio and signals are analyzed and filtered to reduce noise pollution. Voice controls mean having your hands full won't equal a missed shot, all you need to do is say the word. When paired with a smartphone or tablet running the free GoPro app the HERO8 Max lets you edit, synch videos, share content through social media and livestream adventures from your phone. GoPro Max’s technology gives your videos a level of immersion that will inspire instinctive cries and goofy grins like never before.
- 2 shooting modes: 360° uses both lenses and shoots at 5.6K and HERO mode uses only 1 lens and can shoot at up to 1440p.
- HyperSmooth Max video stabilization combines 270° field of view footage with data from internal sensors to buffer and predict your movements, preparing for changes before they happen, resulting in incredibly smooth, gimbal-free on-the-move videos (works in HERO mode only).
- Equipped with the GP1 processor, offering improved colour reproduction, even smoother stabilization with HyperSmooth Max and more.
- Slow-motion lets you relive that airtime, analyze your technique, or document the next belly-flop competition. 1080p video can be slowed down up to 2x.
- Time-lapse video and photo modes let you record those epic sunrises, all-day adventures or track progress on your trail day
- TimeWarp provides stabilized time lapse videos that you can speed up, from 2x to 30x, or you can even let the GoPro control the speed of your video.
- Digital lenses in HERO mode offer 4 different perspectives: narrow (27mm), linear (19mm), wide (16mm) and Max SuperView (13mm), so you can frame the perfect shot.
- Built-in voice control lets you talk to your Max, start or stop recording, take a picture and more.
- In-camera horizon leveling, wide-angle image data is used to keep a level horizon in photos and videos.
- Intuitive touchscreen controls let you cycle through modes and settings, access shortcuts and zoom-in.
- Free GoPro app gives you near complete control of your camera right on your smartphone or tablet. From setting up you shot, synching your videos, processing your 360° footage, leveling your footage, starting your edits, adding overlays and more.
- ProTune mode lets you control exposure, white balance, ISO and more, even providing a live preview window to see how the settings you are changing will affect the final video or picture.
- Livestream in 1080p when shooting HERO mode, through the connection to your phone.
- Auto-rotating videos are ready for sharing on Snapchat and Instagram stories. Shoot vertically or horizontally and internal sensors know how your video should be shown.
- Onboard GPS data is used to overlay performance stickers, add speed, distance and time to videos shot in HERO mode.
- GPS lets you geotag your photos and videos.
- PowerPano mode takes 270° distortion-free panoramic photos without having to scan the horizon. Continuous image with no stitching, ghosting or wonky lines.
- Take up to 16MP photographs in 360° mode, 6.2MP in PowerPano mode and 5.5MP photographs in HERO mode.
- Waterproof to 5m right out of the box, no case needed.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity means your camera will talk to all your smart devices running the GoPro app.
- 6 built-in microphones provide true 360° surround sound, with advanced wind and noise reduction. The front facing mic acts like a shotgun mic, keeping audio aimed at the camera crisp and clear, great for vlogging.
- Removeable batteries mean you can swap on the fly and be ready for all-day shoots.
- Face and smile detection let your HERO8 Black know when you face the camera, smile and more.
- Uses 1 MicroSD card, making memory easy to get and carry (MicroSD card not included). MicroSD card must be at least a Class 10 or UHS-I rated.
- High Efficiency Video Compression (HEVC) decreases file size without compromising image quality, so you can fit more adventures on a single card.
- Integrated mounting tabs fold flush when not needed and mean no more frames when mounting.
- In the box: MAX, 1600mAh lithium-ion rechargeable battery, curved sticky mount, mounting buckle, thumb screw, 2 protective lenses, 2 lens caps, a microfibre storage bag and USB-C cable.
|Instant on-record switch||Yes|
Interval photo mode
The interval, in seconds, at which you can set the camera to take pictures.
|Wide angle lens||270º|
|Included mounts||Curved surface mount|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Dimensions||6.4 x 2.4 x 6.9cm|
Maximum memory capacity
The maximum additional memory accepted by the device.
|Interface||USB and Wireless|
|GPS image tagging||Yes|
|Batteries||Lithium-ion 1600mAh (included)|
|Still photo mode||Yes|
|Tripod mount||Sold separately|
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.