Real life adventures fuel digital fun. Each activity tracker comes with its own Disney© universe theme, with its own adventure game playable through the vívofit jr. app. As kids bounce through their day, they earn activity minutes that unlock the next move of the game. More than just a way to play games, the vívofit jr. app engages kids in the social sides of fitness. Vívofit jr. wearers can challenge each other to compete with family and friends in the app, or in the real world: the devices communicate wirelessly providing indisputable results. The app also lets you set up specific chores and customizable activities then assign reward values to them. Once you have real-world rewards figured out, you can show your little one what it takes to earn them. A great device to promote the social side of activity and introduce concepts of accountability and earning potential (maybe not so exciting to them) but that part can be your little secret.
- Each theme has a Disney adventure game (played through free vívofit jr. app) specific to the theme’s universe. Moves in the game come as rewards for activity.
- Daily active minutes (default is 60) offer a new move in the game and a new step icon unlocked.
- Simple set up through vívofit jr. app. This app is separate from Garmin Connect, but allows Garmin Connect users to login.
- Use the app to create active ‘families’ to help manage kid’s activities – great for play groups or friends.
- Program activities in the vívofit jr. app for things like homework, chores, naps, screen time, etc.
- Define, track and assign values to chores, and establish reward systems to help kids earn rewards through chores.
- Toe-to-Toe challenges let kids challenge one another to a 2-minute step contest, also tracks individual results for practice and PBs.
- Simple 1-button operation shows time and child’s username, button cycles through activity minutes, steps, tasks completed, rewards, and more. Long press syncs data vívofit jr. app, activate custom timed events, and advanced features.
- Sleep tracking mode monitors rest, total sleep hours as well as periods of movement and restful sleep.
- Move bar reminds kids to get up and move about after being stationary.
- Stores up to 4 weeks of activity data.
- Replaceable 1632 battery lasts up to 1 year.
- Hypoallergenic silicone strap for a child’s sensitive skin.
- Adjustable band fit 130-175mm (ages 6+) compatible with vívofit jr. and vívofit 3 bands.
- Replaceable straps available, (each with an unlock code for that universe’s adventure game).
- In the box: vívofit jr. 2 and documentation.
|Ideal for||Everyday use|
Polycarbonate is inexpensive and light, with good clarity and wear-resistance. Mineral crystal glass offers greater clarity and significantly greater wear-resistance. Sapphire crystal is better still for clarity and wear-resistance.
|Wrist strap material||Silicone|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|12/24 hour format||Yes|
|Metric/imperial units format||Yes|
|Low battery warning||Yes|
Calculated based on data from a heart rate monitor.
Attaches to your shoe, captures your running data (i.e., pace, distance), and transmits it to your heart rate monitor or GPS.
Want an easy jog? A fast-paced ride? A workout with lots of variety to keep you on your toes? With programmable workouts you can tailor your training to match whatever you are looking for on a particular day.
|Heart rate monitor||No|
Heart rate target zones
Displays heart rate zones during activity.
A coded instrument ensures no interference between your chest strap and your watch, necessary if you are training in busy gyms or trails where other signals may be encountered.
|Batteries||1 lithium CR1632 (included)|
Allows user to monitor training goals with either a virtual partner or alarms.
Heart rate in real time
Displays beats per minute during activity.
|Replaceable wrist strap||Yes|
Calories in real time
Displays calorie expenditure during activity, based on heart rate monitor data.
Monitors pedalling cadence and measures pedalling strokes per minute.
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
|Battery life||8760 h|
|Chest strap||Not compatible|