With this Venu you have the best seat in the house. The photo-realistic AMOLED screen helps you see everything clearly and in vibrant colour –animated exercises, crisp text and detailed album covers. Vibe to your favourite songs, track your steps, keep and an eye on your stress levels. The classic watch silhouette has all the features but none of the bulk of some smartwatches. The latest generation Elevate optical heart-rate monitor reads your pulse straight off your wrist. GPS and an internal accelerometer track training metrics like speed and distance, turning your movement into data and making sure you get credit for your work in the gym and on the trails. When you need a little personal time, mindful breathing exercise, or animated yoga classes get your day back on track. Pair it with the Garmin Connect app on your phone to review activities, receive notifications, track weather, control phone apps like Spotify and more. The Venu will give you a view into how you sleep, how you train and how you live.
- 3cm AMOLED colour display has deep blacks and vibrant colours making it crisp and clear in any light.
- Activity animations guide you through proper form for strength training, cardio, Pilates and yoga with more than 40 structured workouts.
- Customize workouts by choosing exercises from lists of moves.
- Built-in activity modes for biking, running, walking, swimming (indoor only), strength training (with rep counter), yoga, Pilates and more.
- Breathwork mode guides you through mindful breathing exercises to relax and focus.
- Respiration tracking counts breaths per minute while asleep or awake, providing nightly, daily and weekly averages.
- Garmin Coach provides free, personalized training plans that you can download through Garmin Connect. Train for your first 5k, improve on your next 10k, or just learn to train more efficiently.
- Move IQ intelligently detects your activity and tracks it; these activities appear in your Connect timeline, so you get credit for all your daily exercise, from taking the stairs at work, to catching that evening spin class.
- Stream music to your Bluetooth® headphones with Spotify, Amazon Music, etc on our phone. Download playlists and podcasts to your watch via a music service, e.g. Spotify (premium account required), you can even drag and drop MP3s from your computer.
- Playlists synced from streaming services can be updated when in range of wi-fi.
- Holds up to 500 songs.
- Body Battery™ tracks daily energy levels through exercise and recharging (rest, food, etc.) to help you train.
- Garmin Pay™ contact-less payment, lets you make payments with your watch (if supported by your bank).
- LiveTrack during activities (through a connected phone) allows you to share your location and fitness data.
- Incident detection uses sensors to detect accidents. In the case of an accident a message and your location will be sent through your paired phone to your emergency contacts.
- If you feel unsafe, assistance mode sends out a LiveTrack link letting your contacts know where you are.
- Connects to 3 different satellite constellations (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) and caches satellite positions, for a fast connection and a strong signal anywhere.
- Equipped with Garmin’s V3 Elevate™ optical heart rate monitor that even works while swimming. Elevate V3 has a red LED to provide Pulse Ox measurements.
- Broadcast of your HR over ANT+ (so other devices can pick it up).
- Stress level score monitors heart rate variability while inactive to produce a stress score from 0-100, the lower the score, the lower your stress. When stress levels are high, a relaxation timer will guide you through a mindful breathing exercise.
- Menstrual tracking, track your cycle with Connect, log physical and emotional symptoms and learn about training and nutrition during each phase of your cycle.
- 24/7 activity tracking learns your activity level and guides you towards a more active lifestyle.
- On board sleep tracking mode monitors your rest, letting you see your breathing patterns, total sleep hours as well as periods of movement and restful sleep in your Connect profile.
- Counts flights of stairs with internal barometer data that’s combined with your step data.
- Weekly intensity minutes are displayed against the ideal of 150 needed to maintain a healthy life.
- Automatically sync your data to paired phone running the free Connect app.
- Connects with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart sensors, from foot pods, to speed and cadence pods (no power meters).
- Connect IQ support allows you to download apps, templates, data fields, watch faces, and other features.
- Basic waypoint navigation care of the internal GPS and compass.
- Back to start feature directs you (as the crow flies) to where you started your activity.
- Intuitive touchscreen and button interface make navigation easy.
- Always-on, colour display is bright and clear in any conditions.
- Internal memory stores up to 7 timed activities and 2 weeks worth of daily activity. Garmin Connect will store all of your activity data.
- User-friendly strap changes, thanks to quick-release pins.
- In the box: Venu, charging/data clip, documentation.
Polycarbonate is inexpensive and light, with good clarity and wear-resistance. Mineral crystal glass offers greater clarity and significantly greater wear-resistance. Sapphire crystal is better still for clarity and wear-resistance.
|Mineral crystal glass|
|Wrist strap material||Silicone|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|12/24 hour format||Yes|
|Metric/imperial units format||Yes|
|Low battery warning||Yes|
Calculated based on data from a heart rate monitor.
Attaches to your shoe, captures your running data (i.e., pace, distance), and transmits it to your heart rate monitor or GPS.
An online community where members upload, analyze and share activity data.
Want an easy jog? A fast-paced ride? A workout with lots of variety to keep you on your toes? With programmable workouts you can tailor your training to match whatever you are looking for on a particular day.
|Heart rate monitor||Yes|
Heart rate target zones
Displays heart rate zones during activity.
A coded instrument ensures no interference between your chest strap and your watch, necessary if you are training in busy gyms or trails where other signals may be encountered.
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|
Allows user to monitor training goals with either a virtual partner or alarms.
Heart rate in real time
Displays beats per minute during activity.
|Replaceable wrist strap||Yes|
Calories in real time
Displays calorie expenditure during activity, based on heart rate monitor data.
Monitors pedalling cadence and measures pedalling strokes per minute.
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
|Battery life||6-120 h|
|Chest strap||Sold separately|