Light, bright and easy to power, all great qualities for a compact headlamp. With its warm white LED light in either a spot or a flood, the HL18R will help keep the trail in focus when you run out of daylight. With 7 different modes that take you from 4 lumens all the way to 400 and the ability to recharge over USB, or use AAA batteries, this versatile headlamp is a great adventure buddy.
- 7 modes, 4 in spotlight: turbo (8.5h at 400 lumens), high (12.5h at 130 lumens), medium (17.5h at 70 lumens), low (48h at 30 lumens), 3 in floodlight: high (54h at 30 lumens), low (145h at 4 lumens) and SOS (72h at 30 lumens).
- 3 warm white LEDs provide both spot and flood lighting.
- Powered by included USB-rechargeable battery pack or 3AAA batteries (not included), giving you power options when away from USB ports or travelling (AAA batteries are common all over the world).
- Covered micro-USB port makes charging easy.
- 4-level power indicator lets you know how your battery is doing, charging or discharging.
- 2-sided switch cycles through modes, locks the light out and provides access to boost mode.
- Ratcheting tilt housing means you can set the perfect light angle.
- Perforated, reflective headband wicks away sweat and helps keep you seen.
- IPX6 waterproofing means your light is ready for any weather.
- SOS mode is there if you need to call for help.
- In the box: HL18R, USB rechargeable battery (ARB-LP-1300), micro-USB cable, manual and warranty card.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - boost||76m|
|Beam distance - low||20m|
|Beam distance - med||30m|
|Beam distance - high||40m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Burn time - low||48 h|
|Burn time - med||17.5 h|
|Burn time - high||12.5 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Emits red light||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Lithium-ion 1250mAh (included) or 3 AAA (not included)|