The North Face Downtown Parka - Women's
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Look cool but stay warm. This down parka is full length and insulated hood to hem. If you're not a fan of hoods, it zips off so you can wear your parka even when the word isn't getting blanketed with snow.
- Waterproof-breathable 2-layer DryVent is 70-denier cotton, nylon blend.
- DWR treatment sheds snow and rain.
- 550-fill-power down provides compressible and breathable insulation.
- Hood is removable, adjustable and insulated.
- Faux fur trim is removable .
- 2-way YKK® Vislon zipper with a windflap.
- Zippered pockets plus a zippered chest pocket.
- Internal fleece cuffs.
- V-shaped drop tail with split hem.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Lining/backer||50-denier recycled polyester|
|Insulation||550 fill-power goose down|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.