The Bondi is Hoka One One's flagship maximal running shoe: a versatile, comfortable runner with a wide landing platform and incredible cushioning. This edition gets an upgraded open mesh upper with a memory foam collar for a dialed-in fit. An oversized EVA midsole offers an unmatched combination of cushioning, low heel drop offset and an inherently stable ride. An ideal shoe for runners looking for an ultra-cushy, floaty, high-performance running shoe.
- Open-engineered mesh with memory foam collar.
- External TPU heel counter adds support.
- Deep foot frame allows your foot to sink far into the midsoles for stability.
- Early-stage meta-rocker for a smooth ride and fast transition to the forefoot.
- Full-length, ultra-cushioned EVA midsole for a responsive yet soft ride.
- 10-degree heel bevel smooths transitions.
- Outsole is durable and lightweight rubber.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Cushioned and floaty|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize over pronation, where the foot tends to roll inward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.