Backpacking with a buddy or hiking as a family? This 2 pack lets you spread the bear spray out and saves you some money in the process. Prevention is you best strategy to prevent bear encounters (stay aware, make noise when hiking, store your food safely in camp), but having an active, non-lethal deterrent is a good secondary plan. This spray causes temporary eye tearing and respiratory distress, but leaves no permanent damage.
- Fires for approximately 5.6 seconds.
- Range is roughly 9m.
- Active ingredient is 1% capsaicin that will not cause permanent eye damage.
- Dual component Dymel-nitrogen propellant remains effective at extremely low temperatures and does not cause ozone depletion. Non-flammable.
- Glow-in-the-dark safety clip lets you find the unit in the dark.
- Zip tie prevents accidental loss of safety clip.
- 3-year shelf life, with expiration date on label.
- Note: When purchasing or picking up bear spray in-store, valid Photo ID is required.