Stripped back to the basics, the Alpha FL 40 is built for fast and light climbers on technical routes. It uses Arc'teryx's signature attention to detail and craftmanship to create a carefully considered feature set. Instead of a bulky traditional lid, there's a combination drawstring and roll-top closure to cinch down the pack for small loads or expand it to carry larger ones. Lots of lash points, a rope strap, dual ice axe loops, and crampon bungees let you customize the pack to carry the gear you need for each lightweight mission.
- N400-AC² main fabric with fully sealed seams and Advanced Composition Construction coating is totally waterproof and resistant to abrasion.
- White interior makes it easier to find items inside the pack.
- Watertight external zippers keep moisture from sneaking in.
- Padded foam back panel provides structure and support without excess weight.
- Thermoformed shoulder straps use an air permeable fabric for comfort next to skin.
- Wide webbing waistbelt minimizes sway on technical routes.
- Roll-top closure seals out weather and eliminates the traditional bulky top lid.
- Expandable drawstring collar for times when you need to carry more gear.
- Dual-haul loops double as carry handles and let you use the pack as a haul bag or clip it off to an anchor.
- Dual ice axe loops.
- 6 front lash points and a front bungee system for attaching extra gear.
- Top compression straps holds a rope.
|Main fabric||400-denier ripstop nylon|
|Secondary fabric||70-denier ripstop nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.