Whether you're on a northern expedition or in the depths of a Winnipeg winter, this down parka packs some serious warmth. A longer version of Fjallraven's classic 1974 Expedition Down Jacket, it's packed with high fill-power down to keep you toasty in drier winter climates. A DWR finish and synthetic fill in the shoulders add protection from wet cold when the snow is falling.
- Recycled nylon shell, treated with PFC-free DWR to shed water.
- 700 fill-power goose down (90% down, 10% feathers) comes from traceable, ethically produced sources.
- Light Supreme Microloft polyester insulation in shoulders resists moisture.
- Cinchable hood, cuffs and hem seal out drafts.
- 2-way front zipper with outer protective flap.
- Plenty of pockets for storage options.
|Face fabric||Recycled nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|