Layer up for chilly pursuits in teh mountains, then stuff it away once you're on belay. High-loft PlumaFill insulation mimics the structure of down for lightweight warmth that packs down small into it's own pocket. Wind-resistant fabrics add another layer of cold protection, and a 2-way zipper keeps your belay loop accessible.
- Shell is ultralight Pertex Endurance nylon ripstop with a PU coating and DWR finish to shed light precip.
- Pertex Quantum lining is windproof and packable.
- Insulated with 65g PlumaFill, as warm and packable as down but with the warm-when-wet performance of synthetic.
- Insulated low-profile hood fits over a climbing helmet.
- 2-way front zipper has interior storm flap and zipper garage at chin for next-to-skin comfort.
- Zippered pockets handwarmer pockets, left one doubles as a stuff-sack with a reinforced carabiner clip loop.
- Elasticized cuffs and hem seal in warmth.
|Face fabric||10-denier ripstop nylon|
|Lining/backer||10-denier ripstop nylon|
|Insulation||65g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.