Your one-bag travel solution. The Black Hole MLC is a soft-sided suitcase with 3 carrying modes: backpack, shoulder bag and briefcase. Made of Patagonia’s bombproof Black Hole laminated polyester fabric, it'll get your goods through sardine-style luggage compartments and unpredictable in-transit weather, no problem. Opens like a book, holds 3–5 days of travel essentials and protects your 17in. laptop in a padded sleeve that can double as an organizer. And because it’s designed for maximum legal carry (MLC), it meets most airline carry-on requirements.
- Fabric is recycled polyester ripstop laminated with TPU film and treated with a DWR finish.
- 3 carrying options: backpack style with ergonomic shoulder straps that tuck into a zippered compartment; shoulder-bag style with a comfortable shoulder strap; briefcase style with two carry handles.
- Main compartment opens like a book with a U-zip that wraps around 3 sides.
- Mesh dividers in the main compartment separate clean and dirty clothes, and compress stuff in place.
- External zippered pockets give you easy access to travel documents, wallet, phone and other essentials.
- Pass-through sleeve on the back lets you slip the MLC onto a rolling suitcase if you need more cargo space.
- Meets most carry-on size restrictions (check with your carrier for their specific rules).
|Main fabric||900-denier recycled polyester|
|Secondary fabric||200-denier recycled polyester|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Size restrictions vary among airlines. Just to be sure, check with your carrier for their specific restrictions.