Keep riding when the mercury is dropping. Built for deep-freeze days, this insulated jacket lets you forget about the weather and focus on your line. With the bio-sourced fabric, recyclable membrane and renewably sourced insulation, Picture proves that it's possibel to produce technically advanced outerwear with an eco-friendly mindset. Perfect for your coldest days in the backcountry.
- Shell blends recycled polyester and bio-sourced polyester that uses fiber from sugar cane production.
- DryPlay™ recyclable waterproof breathable membrane.
- DuPont Sorona® synthetic insulation is made from plant based materials for eco-friendly warmth and breathability.
- Coremax recycled microfleece panels add warmth where it is needed most.
- Plenty of zippered pockets, including a lift pass pocket on your sleeve.
- Adjustable cuffs with internal wrist gaiters and an adjustable hem with an internal snow skirt seal out the elements.
- YKK waterproof double sided zippers.
- 100% of factories Picture uses participate in Fair Wear Foundation’s program to improve labour conditions in the garment industry.
- Picture was established with the goal of creating inspiring outdoor clothing that helps us reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. Picture believes in 100% transparency and uses factories that are part of the Fair Wear Foundation.
|Technology||Dryplay Recyclable Membrane|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Product sustainability||Recycled content|