Reima Kipina Reimatec Winter Suit - Children to Youths
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
When snow forts and sledding are on the to-do list, this warm snowsuit is an easy solution. The Kipina uses Reimatec waterproof-breathable fabric and light, efficient insulation to keep your little explorer warm and dry.
- Waterproof breathable material has fully taped seams to keep nasty weather out.
- Insulated with Reima Flex synthetic insulation.
- BIONIC-FINISH®ECO fluorocarbon-free water and dirt repellent finish helps keep kids clean and dry.
- Smooth polyester lining layers easily.
- Removable hood and faux fur trim let you tailor the snowsuit to the weather.
- Internal waist adjustment.
- Reinforced lower legs.
- Elasticised cuffs and hem.
- Detachable silicone foot loops keep the legs from riding up.
- Extra long zipper makes for easy on and off.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Insulation||200g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Pockets||2 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
How to measure
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.