Venture out in search of secret powder stashes with a backcountry-specific pack. Designed for seamless ski, splitboard and snowshoe trips, the Kresta 40 features Osprey's signature comfortable backpack harness plus all the details that make a great winter pack. A dedicated compartment with a big opening holds your avalanche shovel and probe for easy access. Multiple attachment points let you carry your skis, snowboard or snowshoes when it's time to bootpack, and a rear access panel lets you grab a snack or layer from the main compartment without detaching your gear. A dedicated pocket for your hydration reservoir routes the hose through the padded shoulder strap to keep your drink from freezing. And glove-friendly zipper pulls make everything easier when it's time to stash your skins and pick out the perfect line.
- Thermoformed, contoured EVA foam back panel and shoulder straps shed snow.
- Padded hipbelt adjusts with a single pull.
- Large zipper pulls and buckles are designed for use with gloves on.
- Easily access the main compartment via the rear access panel even with skis attached.
- Dedicated avi gear storage pocket with wide J-shaped zip accommodates large shovel blades.
- Hipbelt pockets, a lined goggle pocket and an internal zippered pocket organize small items.
- Stowable helmet holder and ice tool loops ensure you're ready for more technical terrain.
- Smart straps carry skis or snowboards in nearly any orientation.
- Dedicated compartment holds a 3L reservoir (sold separately). Shoulder strap has an insulated sleeve to keep the hose ice-free.
- Osprey rates this bag as best for loads 12-18kg/25-40lb.
|Main fabric||420-denier nylon|
The location of all access points into the main compartment of the pack.
Some pack lids can be adjusted to compensate for overloaded packs, or even removed, and some removeable lids have tuck-away hipbelts that allow youto use them as a waistpack.