The Trail Runner Free is a light and streamlined headlamp that exists to illuminate your low-light runs. Equipped with Silva’s intelligent lighting optics, it offers a mix of flood and spot lighting, letting you see where you're headed and where you are.
- Free Technology™ integrates the cord, between the battery pack and the light, into the headband, so there is nothing to snag or bounce around.
- 4 modes: high (400 lumens), medium (200 lumens), low (50 lumens) and flash.
- Intelligent lighting combines flood and spot lighting, covering the near and the far.
- Hybrid battery case give you options: use the included Hybrid USB-powered pack for runs from home or anywhere you have easy access to USB ports, and enjoy the convenience of the AAA battery pack while traveling – the AAA is the world’s second most readily available battery.
- Hybrid battery case has a rear facing red light that helps keep you seen.
- Battery extension cord gives you the option of putting the battery pack in your bag or inside a jacket pocket. This both removes weight from your head and lets you keep the batteries warm for better cold-weather performance.
- Included hybrid battery case has a rear facing red light that helps keep you seen.
- LED power indicator lets you know when your batteries need changing.
- Anti-slip headband stays in place when on the move.
- Large, 1-button interface is easy to use with or without gloves.
- Lumens and runtimes measured to the ANSI/NEMA FL1 standard.
- IPX5 waterproofing stands up to any weather you’re willing to go out in.
- In the box: Trail Runner Free headlamp, Hybrid 3 x AAA battery case, rechargeable battery pack, cloth wrapped extension cable, USB charging cable and manual.
The number of lighting levels/modes the light has (i.e., low, med, high, flash).
|Beam distance - low||20m|
|Beam distance - med||50m|
|Beam distance - high||80m|
Briefly increases the light output to maximum brightness and distance.
|Light source||2 LEDs|
|Burn time - low||12 h|
|Burn time - med||5 h|
|Burn time - high||2.5 h|
Max light output
The total quantity of light emitted in every direction from a source of light; measured in lumens.
Beam pattern affects how much you can see within the area of light thrown from the headlamp. Wide beams are good for close-up; spot or focussed beams are good for long range visibility.
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
Rechargeable lights give you hassle-free recharging with almost any power source. Replaceable batteries provide instant power, but you’ll need to bring extra batteries, recycle used ones and buy new ones.
|Red light mode||No|
On regulated lights brightness is consistent, and does not decrease gradually as the batteries are drained.
|Batteries||Lithium-polymer 1150mAh (included) or 3 AAA (not included)|
|Product sustainability||Rechargeable batteries|