This versatile touring helmet has you covered during weekend treks, daily commutes, or long road trips. Plenty of vents and a mountain bike style visor keep your head cool and eyes shaded during long rides in the heat. MIPS technology adds another level of protection from falls or hard hits, and it is ponytail compatible so it's comfy, no matter your hairstyle.
- Inner is made of polystyrene, bonded to a polycarbonate shell.
- MIPS technology provides an extra level of protection again rotational forces.
- Dial offers horizontal and vertical adjustments to fit the helmet firmly to your head.
- Anti-allergenic interior padding are hand washable to ensure fresheness.
- Removable visor provides sun shade options.
- Reflective rear stickers improve visibility.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Fit system||Adjustable dial|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).