Stay connected to your social, track daily activity and sleep patterns, and get coaching for your first 5k right from your wrist. Beneath the Venu SQ’s clean lines lies a powerful smartwatch and activity tracker. Using the latest generation Elevate™ optical heart rate monitor, your pulse is taken from the back of the watch. Heart rate information is used for tracking calories, stress level, fitness age, and more. Internal GPS and accelerometers track training metrics like speed and distance, turning movement into data, making sure you get credit for your work in the gym and on the trails. When you need a little personal time, follow along with a mindful breathing exercise to get your day back on track. Pairing the Venu SQ with the free Garmin Connect app opens a whole new set of features, you can review activities, receive notifications, track the weather, control phone apps and much more. From 24/7 heartrate monitoring, to personalized training plans, the Venu SQ helps you understand how your body handles to every day life.
- 20+ activity modes, including: biking, running, walking, swimming (indoor only), strength training (with rep counting), yoga, Pilates and more.
- Breathwork mode uses mindful breathing exercises to help you relax and focus.
- Respiration tracking keeps an eye on your breaths per minute, both while asleep and awake.
- Garmin Coach provides free, personalized training plans for your first 5k, to improve your next 10k, or just to train smarter.
- Move IQ intelligently detects your activity and tracks it; so, you get credit for all daily exercise, from taking the stairs at work, to catching an evening spin class.
- Body Battery™ tracks your daily energy levels, monitoring what drains your energy (exercise) and recharges your energy (rest, food, etc.), giving you a better idea of how and when to train.
- Garmin Pay™ contact-less payment, lets you make payments with your watch (if supported by your bank).
- LiveTrack™ during activities (through a connected phone) allows you to share your location and fitness data.
- Incident detection uses the connection to your phone to send an alert in the case of an accident, letting your emergency contacts know where you are and that you need help.
- Assistance mode sends out a message with a LiveTrack link, letting your contacts know where you are.
- Connects to 3 different satellite constellations (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) and caches satellite positions, for a fast connection and a strong signal nearly anywhere.
- Elevate™ optical heart rate monitor has a red LED for Pulse Ox data and even works while swimming.
- Stress level score monitors heart rate variability while inactive. When stress levels are high, the Venu will guide you through a relaxing mindful breathing exercise.
- Menstrual tracking, log physical and emotional symptoms and learn about training and nutrition during each phase of your cycle.
- 24/7 activity tracking learns your activity level and guides you towards a more active lifestyle.
- On board sleep tracking mode monitors your rest, letting you see your breathing patterns, total sleep hours and periods of movement and restful sleep.
- Automatically syncs your data to paired phone running the free Connect app.
- Connects with ANT+ sensors, from foot pods, to speed and cadence pods (no Bluetooth sensor support).
- Connect IQ support allows you to download apps, templates, data fields, watch faces, and other features.
- Internal GPS provides basic waypoint navigation.
- Back to start feature directs you (as the crow flies) to where you started your activity.
- 3.3cm liquid crystal colour display is crisp and clear in any light.
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3 helps keep you screen scratch-free.
- Intuitive touchscreen and 2-button interface.
- Easy strap changes, thanks to quick-release pins.
Polycarbonate is inexpensive and light, with good clarity and wear-resistance. Mineral crystal glass offers greater clarity and significantly greater wear-resistance. Sapphire crystal is better still for clarity and wear-resistance.
|Mineral crystal glass|
|Wrist strap material||Silicone|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Dimensions||4 x 4 x 1.2cm|
|12/24 hour format||Yes|
|Metric/imperial units format||Yes|
|Low battery warning||Yes|
Calculated based on data from a heart rate monitor.
Attaches to your shoe, captures your running data (i.e., pace, distance), and transmits it to your heart rate monitor or GPS.
An online community where members upload, analyze and share activity data.
Want an easy jog? A fast-paced ride? A workout with lots of variety to keep you on your toes? With programmable workouts you can tailor your training to match whatever you are looking for on a particular day.
|Heart rate monitor||Yes|
Heart rate target zones
Displays heart rate zones during activity.
A coded instrument ensures no interference between your chest strap and your watch, necessary if you are training in busy gyms or trails where other signals may be encountered.
|Batteries||Rechargeable battery pack (non-removable)|
Allows user to monitor training goals with either a virtual partner or alarms.
Heart rate in real time
Displays beats per minute during activity.
|Replaceable wrist strap||Yes|
Calories in real time
Displays calorie expenditure during activity, based on heart rate monitor data.
Monitors pedalling cadence and measures pedalling strokes per minute.
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
|Battery life||14-144 h|
|Chest strap||Sold separately|
|Product sustainability||Rechargeable batteries|