The one piece of gear that's more important than your bike, just got better, well, safer. Details like MIPS protection, extra head coverage and a flexible visor prove this helmet was designed by shredders for shredders.
- MIPS-C2® technology (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) reduces rotational forces in an oblique impact. An inner shell sandwiched under the foam reduces the rotational torque on your skull.
- Lightweight in-mould construction fuses EPS to a polycarbonate shell to help protect you from impacts.
- Flexible adjustable visor keeps weather and low hanging branches off your face.
- Safe-T DUO fit system lets you adjust your fit quickly.
- Vertical adjustment is ponytail friendly.
- 17 vents let air flow through to keep you comfortable.
Microshell helmets are made of a thin polymer sheet over a foam liner; Hardshell helmets have a hard polymer outer shell and a foam liner; when the liner is being bonded to the outer shell during the manufacturing process, it is Molded in the shell.
|Molded in the shell|
|Inner material||EPS (expanded polystyrene)|
The internal circumference determines the size head that the helmet will fit.
Most helmets are tested and certified for a specific sport. Some helmets are approved for multi-sports, but only after passing the safety tests for both sports (i.e., snowsports and cycling).
Cetification is established by a variety of governing bodies who set impact standards. Most helmets are certified or approved for a specific sport, except in the case of multi-sport helmets (i.e., a snowsports helmet might also be approved for cycling if it meets the cycling safety standards).