Send texts and emails to anyone, anywhere, regardless of how many bars your phone has. The SPOT X allows 2-way messaging when you are off the grid. . With a dedicated SOS button, you can quickly and easily call for help and local first responders will be dispatched to your location. Requires a pay subscription service and a clear view of the sky to work.
- 2-way texting and emailing from nearly anywhere on earth.
- Direct communication between SPOT X devices.
- SOS messaging sends rescuers your exact GPS location.
- Confirmation from rescue centre lets you know help is on the way and allows texting with rescue personnel.
- SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response center with 24/7/365 staffing.
- SOS button with hard-plastic cover prevents accidental activation.
- Satellite coverage works around the world, including continental US, Canada and Mexico, (for coverage see SPOT’s website).
- Store up to 14 predefined messages.
- Check-in feature send pre-programmed message and GPS location via email or SMS to up to 10 pre-determined contacts.
- Track progress with location updates on cloud-based mapping, at 5, 10, 30 or 60 minutes to maximize battery life. Extreme tracking sends updates every 2½ minutes.
- 2 subscription plans for year-round use, or flex plans for seasonal/month-to-month use.
- Free SPOT X mobile app allows pairs via Bluetooth.
- Electronic compass and programable waypoints.
- Rechargeable internal battery pack delivers up to 240 hours with 10-minute logging.
- Illuminated keyboard.
- High contrast screen is backlit and easy to read in all conditions.
- IPX7 waterproofing protects from downpours.
- In the box: Spot X, carabiner and strap, USB cable, SOS sticker, kickstand and documentation.
|Satellite network used||Globalstar|
|Operating temperature||-20 to 60°C|
|Battery life (operating)||240 h|
|Storage temperature||-20 to 60°C|
|Operating altitude||-100 to 6,500m|
|Dimensions||16.6 x 7.4 x 2.4cm|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
Rechargeable lights give you hassle-free recharging with almost any power source. Replaceable batteries provide instant power, but you’ll need to bring extra batteries, recycle used ones and buy new ones.
An electronic compass allows the user to view their heading in situations where they are either standing still or moving too slowly for the GPS to detect.
Ability to test
Allows you to test the unit.
A basic set of map data that is included with the GPS. Basemap detail may vary from unit to unit.
Barometer function helps forecast weather trends. An altimeter can provide one line of position for location on a topo map, useful if the GPS isn't working.
GPS data sent in SOS
GPS coordinates are sent in each SOS message.
Allows you to send a 'check-in' message to let people know you are safe.
Lets you know that your message was received.