Relive your adventures in crystal clear, super-smooth video. Pre-set shooting modes give you instant access to your favourite settings. Never miss a moment with Hindsight™ mode capturing video before the record button is pressed. Schedule your recordings so you can capture an epic sunrise without having to get up before the sun. Frame walk-and-talk perfectly with the front facing screen. And, when you’re not shooting adventures, you can use the HERO9 as a webcam. Pair it with the free GoPro app to livestream, share stories on social, synch videos, edit and more.
- 5K30 video, at up to 100Mbps, with 14.7MP in every frame – great for screenshots and cropping.
- Dual colour screens
- Hindsight mode takes a 15 to 30 second buffer of footage before the record button is pressed.
- Battery life is 30% better across all modes, and better cold weather performance.
- HyperSmooth 3.0 video stabilization (works in all resolutions) with in-camera horizon leveling (up to 45% tilt), produces smooth, gimbal-free videos.
- HyperSmooth Boost stabilization offers the smoothest footage ever from an action camera.
- TimeWarp 3.0 time lapse from 2x to 30x, pausable to insert moments of regular speed recording.
- Slow-motion slows 1080p video down up to 8x.
- Scheduled capture mode starts and stops recording.
- Digital lenses offer different perspectives: narrow (27mm), linear (19-39mm), wide (16-34mm), SuperView (16mm) and more.
- Built-in voice control.
- Webcam mode.
- Customizable pre-sets give you access to 4 commonly used modes, plus custom modes.
- Intuitive touchscreen controls let you cycle through modes.
- Free GoPro app controls camera from phone or tablet.
- ProTune™ mode lets you control exposure, white balance, ISO and more, with live preview window
- Livestream HyperSmooth footage in 1080p through your paired phone.
- Onboard GPS data is used to overlay performance stickers, add speed, distance, times and much more, right in your videos.
- Mods let you add features like an on-camera light, shotgun mic or fisheye lens (sold separately).
- SuperPhoto™ mode has again been improved to provide better pictures, picking the right HDR, local tone mapping and noise reduction settings for the best images.
- Take up to 20MP photographs in jpeg or RAW format (across all photo resolutions).
- LiveBurst captures 1.5 seconds before and 1.5 seconds after you take a picture, giving you 90 images to chose from.
- Burst mode allows up to 30 frames per second.
- GPS lets you geotag your photos and videos.
- Waterproof to 10m right out of the box, no case needed.
- Replaceable lenses.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Removeable batteries, updated for HERO9 features (5K, HyperSmooth 3.0).
- High speed USB-C download to Android™ devices.
- MicroSD compatible, making memory easy to get and carry (MicroSD card not included). MicroSD card must be at least a Class 10 or UHS-I rated.
- High Efficiency Video Compression (HEVC) decreases file size without compromising image quality.
- Integrated mounting tabs fold flush when not needed and mean no more frames when mounting.
- In the box: HERO9 Black, 1720mAh lithium-ion rechargeable battery, curved sticky mount, mounting buckle, thumb screw, USB-C cable and carrying case.
|Instant on-record switch||Yes|
Interval photo mode
The interval, in seconds, at which you can set the camera to take pictures.
|Maximum photo resolution||20MP|
|Included mounts||Curved surface mount|
Indicates the degree of protection against liquid. IP X1: Dripping water while in normal operating orientation; IP X4: Splashing water; IP X5: Water jets; IP X6: Powerful water jets; IP X7: Immersion up to 1m ≤ 30 minutes; IP X8: Suitable for submersion as specified by manufacturer.
|Dimensions||7.1 x 3.4 x 5.5cm|
Maximum memory capacity
The maximum additional memory accepted by the device.
|Data card||microSD card (not included)|
|GPS image tagging||Yes|
|Batteries||Lithium-ion 1720mAh (included)|
|Still photo mode||Yes|
|Tripod mount||Sold separately|
Ensures seamless digital wireless communication between ANT+ devices. For example, data from an ultra-low power wireless sensor can be displayed on a bike computer or smartphone, then downloaded to a PC, etc.
|Product sustainability||Rechargeable batteries|